Thursday, January 15, 2009

Little Bun learned some "bad" words on the gifted bus, but he didn't quite get them right. He tried out the shock value of "wiss" one day: "Momma, I have to 'wiss.'" I was confused, until he left the room, at which point I realized that "wiss" was a combination of "whiz" and "p*ss."
The other day he tried out a new one: "Miss I, you are a B-R-I-T-C-H" -- "Did I get it right? What's the right word?"
Miss I is not a britch, and he was reprimanded for trying to swear, particularly in gendered terms. The latter is worse to me than the former, which is why I almost feel guilty for thinking "Ann Coulter, you are a colossal britch."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost wissed my britches reading this!

abebech said...

Best use of both words ever, Mia!

Anonymous said...

so that's what they teach you in the gifted program...

Anonymous said...

Oh, NEVER feel guilty for calling Anne Coulter a B-R-I-T-C-H or I should feel worse for the things I've called her....

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I'm loving catching up on it :)