Thursday, May 31, 2007

No Rants This Week (Sorry?)

I tried to post a rant, but I just don't have the energy. A few days of returning fever and fatigue and insomnia and moving-induced insanity, and I'm just not up to generating new content (look at me and my mystifications . . .) I hope I don't lose you, meanwhile.

But I was recently introduced to the topic of irritainment. I think it explains why I read half of what I read, why I watch at least half of what I watch . . . and has produced "we should go there!" impulses at recent mentions of the Mall of America and the Creation Museum.* That's irritainment.

I like my rants. Apparently, I love irritainment.**

****
More interesting content coming soon. For now, please read the comments to the post below: Michelle (I hope you don't mind me pointing this out) should be heard here.

Thanks.

****
*I do not object to the mission of the Creation Museum, but I believe that truth does not have to be literal, and I'm leary of the rhetoric.

** It isn't just me. Dh says "We're going," though we both wonder what our wunderkind will say . . . outloud . . .

No comments: