Thursday, July 12, 2007

Why not to take your kids when you go bra shopping:

The whole family was along for the excursion. I wouldn't have taken them, honestly, but I'm crunched for time. When little bun started announcing loudly that we were there because I needed new bras, I must have looked a bit embarrassed. "It's okay," he said as loudly. "We all have them. Even boys. Well, nickles anyway. We all have nickles."
I was a bit relieved and much amused (it recalled his "peanut and two popsicles" days), and I thought he'd dropped it, but it was only a pause for correction.
"Not NICKLES," he said, smiling, to a whole new group of spectating shoppers. "I meant to say N*PPLES."

It wouldn't have been so bad if two days ago I hadn't overheard this conversation between a little girl and little bun, occassioned only by me entering the room (and apparently, her baby sister's behavior, a fact I learned later).

Litte girl: Did you really drink from your mom's b**bs?!
Little bun: Yeah.
Little girl: [Nervous giggling, like she'd just learned some scandalous secret]
Little bun: [Casually] Maybe I still do. I don't like to use cups. [Returns to play, watching sidelong with sparkling eyes for Little girl's reaction]

Please, don't google me for all the wrong reasons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, HAHAHAHAHA!!! I don't know if you ever read my story about shopping with Nate in Bed, Bath and Beyond, but that's one for the books.

http://justenjoyhim.wordpress.com/2007/01/20/the-p-word/

Third Mom said...

HILARIOUS!!

And now you can be sure that, given my tangled synapses, that one of these days I'm going to be standing at a parking meter asking my husband loudly if he has any nipples. It's bound to happen.