Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Everybody Needs A Little Time Away

I'm taking a break for a little while.
Between people who are offended that I don't think adoption in the abstract is among the best options for a child and people who think I don't love my daughter as much as I love my son and think aparents are wrong for pretending it's the same but also wrong for admitting that it's work (like any commitment and adoption is -- or should be -- first and foremost a promise), and knowing that this is public writing and the way it circulates is entirely out of my control . . . (I always tell my students that all quotations are quotations out of context. If they weren't, they'd be recitations instead . . . .) I don't really feel like saying much. I'm sure you can see why.
Friends, I'm taking my toys and going home for a little while. But like that nasty kid, I'll also be back eventually.
(I am still honored that in other circumstances Judy would marry me :) )

7 comments:

Erin said...

Understood.

Come back soon.

You ARE a care bear LOL

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are taking so much flak. I really enjoy reading your blog. I hope the break is short.

EJNew

Swerl said...

Dude, I get it. Enjoy the fresh air.

It only took a month, but I responded to your kind nomination of the "thinking blogger" award.

MomEtc. said...

I know the feeling. Hope you are back soon.

Overwhelmed! said...

Ugh! I'm sorry to hear this! I do hope you'll come back again because I love what you have to say. Your honesty in all things is refreshing!

Anonymous said...

Just coming off a short and unplanned hiatus myself, I can totally relate to the need to breathe a little more freely with ample space.

I'll be thinking of you.

Judy said...

I totally would. :)

And I totally understand. I should do that myself.