Monday, August 13, 2007

Not a good prognosis

Little bun and Dr.Bloom got home around 11:30 last night. After putting the hamster under to give him a complete exam, it doesn't look like a cheek pouch abscess, as we'd hoped, but a tumor. However, because the tumor would be inoperable and there is a chance it's an abscess, we are giving him bactrim and syringe feeding him liquid nutrition, and treating his eyes with antibiotic drops and salve. We'll know in a couple of days if palliative care is a more appropriate course. I cannot believe how sad I am about a hamster. I just can't stand how much this is hurting Little bun, who still says "There's hope, there's hope, there's hope."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sad to read this. I hate to see little animals suffer. I hope your little one takes it well.

abebech said...

Thanks. He ate alot of his liquid food and took the antibiotic, so as Little bun says, there's hope, there's hope, there's hope . . .