Saturday, February 02, 2008

But you're not getting your money back

Dear Ms. Bloom,

This is to acknowledge receipt of a copy of your letter to the Mayor regarding a ticket you received Tuesday January 15, 2008 at approximately 1:05 pm while parked in the 2500 block of A Street.

Please be advised that this has been investigated further . . .

Regarding other issues that you alluded to in your correspondence -- I assure you that is not the case. The Parking Court System is sanctioned by the State Legislature, it is sound and there is an independent audit conducted annually. The Magistrates are independent contractors who have been drawn from the County Court System. How a reporter reports what may have been discussed in a casual informational interview and the meaning therein, can be a world apart from what was actually stated, if at all.

I appreciate the time you took and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. It is unfortunate that this has occurred, and please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family.

Sincerely,

Executive Director,
Parking Authority

****
The letter I'm tempted to send:

Dear E.D.,
This letter is to acknowledge receipt of your acknowledgement of a copy of my letter addressed to the Mayor.
As you indicate that the Parking Authority is sanctioned by the State Legislature, I've copied all State Representatives on our correspondence.
I've also copied the reporter whose credibility and integrity you call into question.
Thanks for taking the time to thank me for taking the time.
Sincerely,
Abebech Bloom
PS I still want my forty-five dollars.

No comments: