I decided to be inconsolable til noon, melancholy for awhile afterward, and reasonable from there on. So far that's working for me (though there are moments when unreason breaks through).
Dh spoke with the coordinator of our program today. She did say that due to changes in the program the only thing she can promise is that our daughter will be home by the end of the calendar year. But she also said that our program's agent in Ethiopia still believes that we will be processed before the court closings. So long as someone remains optimistic, we'll keep just a little quiet hope that we won't have to wait til October.
And if we do have to wait til October, we'll get ready for a sibling set.