Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Sometimes you need a good mix-tape (and don't pretend you don't)

Dh burned some songs onto a cd, and included some that make him think of me. (He loves his iTunes). Though in fairness to me, the inclusion of Meet Virginia involves the rewriting of lyrics and some words about trips to McDonalds.
But it includes more obvious and more necessary choices, like Ten Thousand Maniacs' These are the Days, a good candidate for best song in the universe. It also includes Alanis Morissette's That I Would be Good:

That I would be good, even if I did nothing.
That I would be good, even if I got the thumbs down.
That I would be good, even if I got and stayed sick.
That I would be good, even if I gained 10 pounds.

That I would be fine, even if I went bankrupt.
That I would be good, if I lost my hair and my youth.
That I would be great, if I was no longer queen.
That I would be grand, if I was not all-knowing.

That I would be loved, even when I'm not myself.
That I would be loved, even when I am overwhelmed.
That I would be loved, even when I am fuming.
That I would be loved, even when I am clinging.

That I would be good, even if I lost my sanity.
That I would be good, whether with or without you . . .

I wish I could just post the song here, but I don't know how. And if I could, I'd also post dh's cover of Brown Eyed Girl (if you haven't heard it, you should hear it. It rocks).

But I'm not that far post-double-deck-tape-recorders just yet.

No comments: